Hi, I’m Nadia, welcome to my Best Humidifier Reviews blog.
When the cold spell is back, you know it not only because Christmas decorations are hung everywhere, but also because your skin starts to feel dry and vulnerable. Whenever it’s that time of the year, I know I must get my humidifiers out from their storage place immediately, and start humidifying the air in my home. If I didn’t do that, I know my family and I will suffer from chapped lips, runny noses and some horrible allergies. This is also why I never go for second best when I’m buying a humidifier. The winter horrors are too skin-deep to be ignored.
So how do I always choose my humidifier? Read on to find my top picks, reviews and recommendations below.
Types of Humidifier
There are several types of humidifiers in the market, which are not only different in the way they operate, but also give different results and have different maintenance requirements. The common types of humidifiers are:
- Evaporative humidifier – Basic and affordable, needs regular wick replacement
- Cool mist humidifier – Popular and affordable, many choices available, look for permanent filter
- Warm mist humidifier – Better for health, but may be hot to touch.
- Ultrasonic humidifier – Usually more expensive but with quieter operation.
Any type of humidifier works and the selection is usually between cool mist and warm mist because they can lower or increase the room temperature slightly.
How to Choose the Best Humidifier
After choosing a type of humidifier, you have to measure your room size in order to buy a humidifier that has the right capacity to work in that room. If you need to humidify the whole house, get a whole house humidifier instead of several separate humidifiers to save cost. For a small to medium room, a humidifier with roughly 2-gallon-per-day capacity is fine. If the room is large, you can get a console humidifier with about 9-gallon capacity.
I’ve had my fair share of bad humidifiers, which either broke down quickly, or are so badly designed that I don’t want to use them. Anyway, here are a few features/requirements that I feel are the most important to have in a humidifier:
- Auto shut-off
- Quiet operation
- Easy controls
- Well-designed tank for easy filling
- Permanent or cheap, accessible filters
Humidifier Reviews – Top Picks
- Best Selling Humidifiers in 2014 - These humidifiers have been popular for quite some time.
- Best Cool Mist Humidifier – The best humidifier for baby room because it is so cute!
- Best Warm Mist Humidifier – Best warm mist humidifier for bedrooms with dishwasher safe tank.
- Best Ultrasonic Humidifier – The quietest humidifier in the market.
- Best Fast Humidifier – Humidifies your room within minutes.
- Best Whole House Humidifier – Big capacity humidifier designed to humidify your whole house.
More Humidifier Top Picks with Features
- Best Humidifier for Baby - Baby humidifier to get rid of baby’s nasty flu symptoms.
- Quiet Cool Mist Humidifier – Quiet operation makes it better to place in the bedroom.
- Best Humidifier with Humidistat – Regulate the humidity to your satisfaction.
- Best Humidifier for Office – A small and personal treat at the workplace.
- Best Humidifier for Kids – What kids love to have in their rooms.
- Best Humidifier Without Filter – Filters are too troublesome for many of us.
Read more reviews in my blog here.
More about Humidifiers
Personally I think shopping for a humidifier is rather fun; that’s why I keep on checking out various models even when I’ve got a few humidifiers in my house. I like to read articles about humidifiers too, and I’ve written some of my own including some top rated humidifiers reviews! Don’t miss out on the best deals I’ve found for you too.
Here are some topics you might like to read before or after buying a humidifier. So happy researching and I hope you buy the right humidifier for your home!
- Why Buy a Humidifier
- Cool Mist vs Warm Mist
- How to Clean and Maintain Your Humidifier
- Safety Tips for Your Humidifier
- How Humidifiers Work
- How to Repair Your Humidifier
If you like to know more about other household related products such as dehumidifiers, you can check out IOT Works blog.
To read more reviews, you can go to my blog.